Thursday, December 18, 2014

Stolen Armor


Deck: Golden Jester

WHAT. A. MATCH, folks. What a match! This deck has some of the funnest battles imaginable!
The game started off perfectly: A Lightwell, a Deathlord, and a Mind Vision are a great hand to begin with. The warrior across from me, Valen, didn't play cards for a while. He just armored up. When I Thoughtstole some cards from him, I found a Shield Block, which indicated that he was a control warrior, heavily based on staying alive and building up tons of armor. I played two Lightwells as a barrier against him, and then played a Deathlord, hoping that it would be able to keep his minions at bay. At first he just equipped a weapon and played an Acolyte of Pain. I silenced it, hoping to make his card drawing as sparse as possible. Unfortunately, he had 8 armor... enough to Shield Slam the Deathlord into oblivion. Luckily, nothing too powerful came out, but it was an Armorsmith. I realized that I would need a lot of firepower to break through all that armor, so I took a gamble and went into Shadowform, trusting on my Lightwells to keep me healed.

Unfortunately, the acolyte (1), the armorsmith (+1=2) and his Fiery War Axe (+3=5) were enough to kill a Lightwell, but I hit the other one with a Mind Spike and Rampaged it, covering it with an Annoy-o-Bot. I then used a heavy axe and the well to kill the Armorsmith.

We kept sparring like this for some time, all the while the warrior gaining exorbitant amounts of armor. He played an Auctioneer, but it died after I Mind Spiked it and his Death's Bite exploded after killing my Lightwell. I was surprised how neck-and-neck we were.

Next, I played a Piloted Shredder and used a stolen Taskmaster to buff it. The Warrior executed the wounded mech, and out popped a Shielded Minibot. I felt like I was in good shape, but he had a horrible combo up his sleeve.

Out came a Raging Worgen. As I planned to kill it with my minibot and a Mind Spike, my jaw dropped as the buffs began to fall: A Charge, then an Inner Rage, then two Rampages! A terrifying 14/8 with Windfury smashed into me twice! Thank the gods for 2 armor I had left over from a Shield Block I had stolen, because I only had 28 life left! I was nearly dead, but luckily he ended his turn. In one fell swoop, I Mind Controlled his worgen! Since it had a Charge buff, I was able to slam it into him twice, shattering his armor and bringing him down to an injured 8 hit points (6 after my minibot hit him as well).

I held my breath as he played his final turn. I... actually can't remember what happened after that. I think he may have killed the Worgen with another Execute and then armored up and put down a taunt or something. I ended by casting both of my Holy Novas in order to cover myself in case he had a Mortal Strike, but that's when he yelled "I choose death!" and plunged his axe blade through his own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment