Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Impenetrable Barricade of Doom


Deck: Golden Jester

I was up against a heck of a paladin. I can't remember what he had in his early deck, but after a certain point (around mana level 7), he started layering on the powerful minions like crazy. I had two Lightwells out that did a great job healing me throughout the game, protected by Annoy-O-Bots and Deathlords. When the paladin sent out Ragnaros, I remained calm and waited for turn 10, when I could use Mind Control on it. Luckily, Rag didn't kill either of my Lightwells, so when he hit me with his fireballs, I was almost immediately healed.

He also played Stalagg, who I killed, and I stole Feugen from his deck with a Golden Thoughtsteal and kept it in my hand until Stalagg died. I Mind Controlled Ragnaros and copied it, but the paladin had plenty of healing spells of his own. A Lay On Hands brought him up to full, and a Guardian of Kings healed him as well. In an unexpected move, he used a Recombobulator to turn his Guardian of Kings into... Troggzor the Earthinator! Luckily, I didn't have any spells, but I did have plenty of powerful minions to take him down.

The paladin played Feugen, which was a good idea because my Ragnaros killed him and spawned Thaddeus. The paladin then doubled his health with Blessed Champion, so there was a 22/11 monstrosity barraging down on me. Luckily, a simple Annoy-o-Bot kept him at bay, and I ran my own Golden Feugen into Thaddeus to make my own: A glorious GOLDEN THADDEUS!

After that, my two Rags, 11/11 Thaddeus, two Lightwells to heal everyone, and a Deathlord to block made short work of the unfortunate Paladin. It must have been a veritable nightmare of a battle for him to get past that barricade.

No comments:

Post a Comment