Monday, January 27, 2014

At the End of My Rope


Deck: Mage... surprise!

My powers of Secrets have been my victory once again! I fought against a particularly vicious rogue, who quickly drained my health with powerful minions. I tried to use my Ethereal Arcanists to absorb the secrecy of my Secrets and get a powerful hit on, but through her dangerous weapons and hardy minions, they both fell. My health drained rapidly, through poisoned Wicked Knives and charges from enemies. Eventually, the rogue pulled out an Assassin's Blade, and I knew the chance of my survival was low. I had a mere 6 health remaining, and her blade had enough durability to sustain 12! I managed to clear the battlefield of enemy minions, and her final blow flew toward me----and glanced off as I casted Ice Block, absorbing the damage. I had only moments to act. With luck, I managed to cast another surprise for her, Frost Barrier! This gave me enough armor to wear out her Assassin's Blade, and without any extra minions in reserve or poison, she had to pick away at my armor with her feeble dagger. This gave me enough time to summon Malygos, blasting her with a barrage of 8 Arcane Missiles, bringing her closer to my level. She attempted to assassinate him, but a well-placed Counterspell foiled the action. We both attacked each other again and again, until it came down to a final 2 life each. With an enormous blue dragon and a fairie dragon in front of her, she had no choice but to attack me one more time and accept her fate as my dragon devoured her messily.

No comments:

Post a Comment