Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Light and Shadow


Deck: Austinlock
It's always a crazy match when you use every card you have, and this was no exception. The game started off slow. I played a few cards, and was confused as to why this golden priest Adilio wasn't really reacting to my attacks. Eventually, though, he joined the fight.

The first crazy thing happened when he played Confessor Paletress... without playing his hero ability (he was only on Mana level 7). But I could when I Faceless Manipulated her! Mine summoned Sylvanus. He killed my Paletress and summoned Chillmaw. This was perfect for me! With my Dreadsteed's help, I was able to kill Chillmaw, and Sylvanus took his Paletress! By inspiring her, I was able to summon none other than Deathwing!

Unfortunately, he used Lightbomb, which killed basically everyone, and I was back to square one. But the fight was just beginning. Soon, he played Ysera. I was down on health because of my Lifetap ability, but Reno came in to save the day and bring me back to full health. It took several turns to kill Ysera, and in the meantime, for some stupid reason, he used Dream on Reno! That would prove to mess him up later. I still don't know why he did it.

The next crazy thing happened when Adilio played a Summoning Stone. A couple of good spells annoyed me, but I had board control and pressed on. Then, the unthinkable happened: He casted Mind Control on a Floating Watcher! This summoned Deathwing. Fortunately, I just happened to draw my Soul Siphon the next turn, and soon he and the Summoning Stone were gone.

Time was running out, and I was running out of cards. Soon, fatigue started hurting me as he played card after card. It was now or never, so I transformed into Lord Jaraxxus. I had to use my Blood Fury several times to remove minions, but luckily, Reno was able to come in for a second chance at making me "rich"! I bet the smag feels pretty dumb now! I was able to land board control at last, and my Infernals being summoned each turn were able to handle anything he threw at me—but that wasn't going to last forever; fatigue was quickly getting my health down!

My Death Pact healed me for 5 health, and I barely held on as I tried to finish him off. At last, he only had one card. I removed a 6/6 minion of his and hit him with everything I had... and realized I missed lethal! He only had 3 life left, and my infernal could have killed him instead of his minion. Oh wellWHAT?! RENO?! He played Reno, restoring himself up to full health! I could have had it all!

But wait. All he had besides Reno was a Dreadsteed he had stolen from me earlier. And my fatigue wasn't about to kill me yet. I removed Reno and hit him for 17 damage. All I needed was one more chance. What was my fatigue at now, in addition to his Dreadsteed's damage? He made his move and ended his turn. I had 7 life left. Would I live?

...Yes! The fatigue did 6 damage to me. I barely made it out alive. With glee, I unleashed my onslaught onto his face, pummeling his sorry golden butt into the slimy Naxxramus floor.

I shouldn't have won, but boy, did I. I guess that goes to show that being gold doesn't mean everything. Also, why would you be playing your gold character in constructed anyway? You're done! You have the wins for your gold portrait already, and all of the experience you need for gold cards. Whatever.

Austinlock wins again!

No comments:

Post a Comment