Friday, January 17, 2014

Harrison's Finest Hour


Deck: Thebis' Power

I had challenged the warlock Nephy in ignorance, imagining that he would be one of those who would spend his own health to the point of killing himself and saving me the trouble. I was right about one part, but there was a twist I had not expected.
We fought brutally, and his life tapping to gain him more summoning and spell power proved difficult to counter. Eventually he had me cornered, my spell book and summoning powers emptied. Though my pet dragon Malygos stood before me, threatening the charging demon army, I had no spells to empower with his magical abilities. The only sidekick I had left was the treasure hunter Harrison Jones, who I had seen little use for because of his better skills against those who carried weapons. In desperation, I prepared to send Harrison in against the sizeable demon army as a fighter. Suddenly, the warlock's summoning backfired, and an immense red-skinned demon materialized, bellowing "YOU FACE JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!" and squashing the bewildered warlock under his heel! I cowered before the devil as the demons ignored Malygos and the blood imp I had charmed, heading straight for me. They beat me mercilessly, and Jaraxxus himself even blasted me with his Blood Fury attack. I stood on the ground, coughing blood, my life flashing before my eyes. Suddenly with pride Harrison stepped forward. "That belongs in a museum!" he demanded, and grabbed Jaraxxus's Blood Fury. Due to its durability, the weapon yielded half a score of powerful spells in my hand! I stood up with courage, tapping Malygos' power and raining 8 arcane missiles upon the enemy army.
I think I just peed myself.

"My magic will tear you apart!" I yelled, firing a bolt of frost the size of a small elephant at the devil who towered above the army. It did a shattering 8 damage to him and froze him into a block of ice. I relished the horror and confusion in his eyes as I fired an Ice Lance at the ice block, dealing 9 damage and shattering his frozen body into a thousand pieces. The demon army fled, and victory was mine against all odds, thanks to Harrison Jones!

No comments:

Post a Comment